Friday, November 25, 2011

Do couples that elope generally receive wedding presents?

For various reasons, we are probably eloping rather than having a traditional wedding. My greedy side was just wondering, do couples that elope generally still receive some wedding gifts after the fact?Do couples that elope generally receive wedding presents?
Eloping couples usually gets a few gifts but not many. People are more likely to give a gift if they get to see and participate in the special event.Do couples that elope generally receive wedding presents?
Much depends on your friends, your parents' friends, and your famillies and how they feel about you. My friend eloped last year; she got lots of stuff.





If a close friend elopes, I would buy her a present. I don't agree that eloping is the same as ';shunning'; your loved ones. Everyone I know who eloped did it because of financial constraints. I would much rather give a present to those needy couples than to a couple who can afford to spend mega bucks on a wedding.





On the other hand, if the same friend had an actual wedding of any size and didn't invite me, I would congratulate her but not give a gift.
Generally no, but possibly yes from the parents. Just because you dont have a wedding ceremony, you can still have a reception which could get u gifts.


You can say, ';Our marriage was intimate and private, but we still wish to share our happiness with family and friends with an informal reception.'; Then u could get away with having a barbeque or potluck at the residence. And gifts will likely flow in.
being a former wedding coordinator...no your on your own...you cant expect to shun your guest and family and then turn around and say wheres my gifts? totally bad taste. Now if you prefer what you can do is get invitations made, let them know you ARE married and that you eloped, include a picture of your wedding, and that you are registered at......such and such place.





But remember you are also taking a risk in offending family and friends by not inviting them also. Kinda like a catch 22 I do not recommend eloping, eloping is for couples that have families that despise the bride and groom or families, as romantic as it may seem, if you want to include the invitation, then include why you eloped...make it sound whimsical..magical..romantic. if you need help let me know





denineblas@yahoo.com
Most receive some after the fact. For instance, when my childhood friend married, he and his bride sent out announcements that announced their marriage and their new address. I sent them a gift. Didn't matter to me that they eloped rather than have a wedding. I was happy for them and a gift was appropriate and affordable at the time. I would hazard to guess that the couple only receives gifts from close family and friends.
Not that I know of. I know a lot of people that have eloped and I or anyone I know have given gifts. I guess since it isn't announced people don't give gifts. Sorry but unless you have some sort of get together I don't think people feel like they need to get you anything. Good Luck and Congrats!!!
only if you have friends and family who are thoughtful... you can always have a little party to celebrate that you got married. invite people over and have a celebration of your marriage with them, do it informal but send out invites then maybe people will bring you gifts.
If you sent out a wedding announcement, some people might choose to send you a gift.


I know that if a close friend/relative eloped and there were no parties planned to celebrate that I would probably send a congratulatory card %26amp; gift.
The general idea behind elopement is no wedding. No wedding means no wedding guests which means no wedding presents.


In addition, elopement means nobody will plan a shower or jack and jill. This means no shower presents.
No, sorry, not really. Perhaps if you send out announcements after the elopement, your family MAY (and I say ';may';) send you some money and/or a gift, but generally I would say they will not.
Not generally,
I would have to say probably not. Unless you have some kind of party to celebrate
no because no one is going to know you got married

No comments:

Post a Comment