Friday, November 25, 2011

What is a good idea for a couples matching tattoo?

My boyfriend and I would like to get matching tattoos but we don't really know what we want to get. Any ideas would be really helpful as long as it doesn't involve our names. Please only answer if you are serious. I appreciate any unique ideas as long as you don't tell me not to do it.





Thank YouWhat is a good idea for a couples matching tattoo?
what about:


-two puzzle pieces that fit together-on the inside you could get something meaningful to you both


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2468鈥?/a>


-a lock and a key


http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/assets/img/s鈥?/a>


those are ugly, but you get the idea


-a heart each of you has half you can put it on your wrist so that when your hands are together it makes a full heart.


http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9578/鈥?/a>


-this is cheesy, sorry. but what about salt and pepper or some other things that will always go together in a couple.


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2087/2123鈥?/a>


-what if you both got a phrase like- love forever, true love, always %26amp; forever in pretty script.


http://offbeatink.com/wp-content/uploads鈥?/a>


-or, you could each get a sparrow. the significance being that sparrows mate for life.


http://images.google.com/images?q=sparro鈥?/a>


-an infinity symbol


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/2911鈥?/a>





read this: http://tattoos.lovetoknow.com/Couple_Tat鈥?/a>





also, you may want to take an idea and talk to your artist so that he/she has a feel of what you want


and he/she might even have another idea that you like better


make sure you do this wayy before you get your tattoos in case of any changes or inspirations that may make the tattoo idea change.


just a few ideas


:)What is a good idea for a couples matching tattoo?
Well I'll start by saying that I don't think that anything would make this a good idea. I sometimes regret the tattoo I went to get with my ex, even though it has nothing to do with him except that he was there.





Otherwise you guys need to decide on a theme. You shouldn't get a tattoo because it looks cool, particularly not one with some unifying meaning for the two of you.





But if you wanted suggestions for cute things that come in pairs here goes. (all of which should be okay on their own)





-Lock and Key


-Salt and Pepper shakers


-candle and a match


-moon and sun (or star)


-dove and an olive branch


-Male and female signs





If you want a theme of longevity you could pick an animal that mates for life, like the hawk and just both get it.


Also the fairly universal symbols of love; hearts, doves, a knot in a bit of rope etc. All images that you could just get the same thing.





And finally we have the tattoos that couples get where the image links from one person's arm to the other and they have to put their arms together for it to work. Or some doing with clasping hands. With this you could pick a quote that means a lot to you, or even each get a page out of a book you both like.





Anyway, good luck.
I'm going to come at you from a tattoo artist's perspective. I cover too many names, dates, and symbols to ever think this is a good idea. You're not even married, and you're willing to commit to a matching tattoo? I hope nothing but the best for your relationship, but, things happen. Your tattoo could serve as a negative reminder of a love gone bad. Many people say, we're getting symbols not names so that if we do break up, it's a symbol, and will remind me of the good times. Well, I hear a lot of stories where people see the tattoo as a reminder of the bad things the other person did. I don't think matching couple tattoos are a good idea. If you stay together, and start a family, why not wait until you have children, and get tattoos to celebrate the lives of your children?
My boyfriend has had two sparrows tattooed on his wrist for a couple of years now. For my first tattoo, which I got last week, I got a sparrow underneath my ankle. I got it for my own reasons, but part of it was also because sparrows are monogamous birds and once they find their mate are together for life. There were many other reasons why I got the tattoo, but part of it was my boyfriend as his sparrows are very much apart of him and hold a lot of meaning for him. He also got a tattoo, of our first initials entwined on either side of his last initial (which will one day be mine as well) but since you don't want anything with your names, that doesn't help you much.
My sister and brother in law got matching tattoos before he got deployed a few years back and they mixed their two zodiac signs together and created a new and original tattoo which will unique to them. You guys could do something like that, if it's not totally against your religious beliefs or mix two symbols that mean something to you gus
My girlfriend and i have matching tattoos on the back of our neck that say Amor Vincit Omnia. it is latin for ';love conquers all';. it is simple yet meaninful. i dont know how your boyfriend feels about getting a tattoo on the back of the neck though. maybe you both could get the words on your ribs? i think that would be nice. hope you like it! good luck!
A friend and I each got an ambigram tattooed. It's basically a word that is read as a different word when flipped upside down or as the same word. It's really amazing at how many different ones there are out there. He got one on his forearm and I got on on my wrist. His says Work Hard/Carpe Diem and mine says Regret/Nothing.





Here's a site with examples of what they are:


http://www.wowtattoos.com/?gclid=CIHevIqV3poCFQIWFQodi2Zczg
You can each get half a heart along your ribs so when you stand together it makes one whole heart. Or you could always take a quote and split it in half (ex. My love for you (on you or him) will never die (on the other))
My boyfriend and I got chinese symbols behind our ears that mean passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment