Friday, July 30, 2010

What do you think of very young married couples?

When you see or meet a very young (19 or 20) married couple what is your first reaction to their choice?





Feel free to be as kind or judgmental as you like. I'm just curious about people's opinions. What do you think of very young married couples?
I was married at 20 and my husband was 12 years older than i was, unfortunately he dies after not quite 26 years of marriage which was 17 years ago now, and i was as happy as any other married couple, yes we had our ups and down times like others have but we were alright. As for these days with couples getting married so young if they are suited and things are alright between them then i would say best wishes to them, although things these days are much different than when i got married it may prove to be a bit harder in a way as there are far more stresses and more people seen to be more uptight about things, more than it was for me, and that causes more arguments, and more split-ups.What do you think of very young married couples?
Well I got married when I had just turned 20 and my husband was about to be 21. A lot of people were surprised when we got married and I was told by a bunch of my so called friends not to marry him,he was no good. I'm sure there were a few that said I was too young, but I don't believe there is a certain age you are supposed to get married at. I've been married for almost 7 years and its the best choice I ever made. There are a lot of people that come on and ask should they get married at 19 or 20. A lot of people answer them and say wait don't' do it, wait till your older. The way I felt and still feel, is if you know that's the person that you are going to spend the rest of your life with, why wait. Start living your life with that person now.
Times have changed. Young married couples now are so unlike those of 20 over years ago.


Nowadays, I see so many young married couples who are so unsure of their future. Not knowing if they will stay married, and not knowing if they can make it on their own. They need a lots of support from family and everyone. Short of basic sex education, not enough preparation to even begin a new life with someone else, must be overwhelming.
some 19 %26amp; 20 year old are very mature. It really depends on the person. I can't just judge them just because they are young.





There are 30 year olds who are getting married and can't even work out a relationship maturely.





I was 20 when I got married and I am very happy 9 years later. I have a 1 year old daughter and my life couldn't be more perfect.





I stayed in school, I graduated, I have a great Job and an awesome family.





So it really depends on the maturity of the person.





Husband is 5 years older than me.






Hey dude,


The first idea when we look at a young couple is nothing but it looks like they are made for each other and looks like they make up a good pair but later on we come to a thought like can they manage the situations which arise in their future? I mean are they mature enough to take care of the situations?



Marriage is a call from God just as one may be called to be a priest. there is no certain age for one to be a pastor, priest, sister therefore if time has come and you feel that you need to be married, ask God to direct you to the right partner and I Believe so long as you love and care for one another you will stay till the lord do you apart.
When I see a young married couple, I hope for the best and wish them luck. I married when I was 18 and we're still together--we've been married nearly 20 years. It sure as hell wasn't easy, and there are lots of things that I wish I could have avoided in our relationship, but hindsight is always going to be 20/20. We didn't have much support in the beginning, and it would have been great to have someone to talk to about all this stuff. That's why on Answers when I hear something from a young couple, I try to be encouraging...because I figure they've heard ';You're stupid--don't do it!'; one too many times.





It's possible to get through a marriage when you're young, but it just takes more work than ever. That's so of any marriage. How many people do we see here who are older and supposedly wiser splitting up because they're bored with their partner and have been tempted by someone else?
I think it depends on the maturity level, not the age. I know people who will never grow up and never mature enough to get married no matter how old they are. But I do also know some people who are 18 and nowhere near ready to marry. I married my husband at the age of 19. It was the best thing ever. We have a great life. Good careers and an amazing future. Age doesn't matter, it's where you are mentally that does!
Everyone is different, I married 3 months before my 20th birthday, my husband 22, we have been married now for 35 years and I have never regretted a day of it.
honestly i think of my parents who married at 18 and are still very happily married after 25 years together!
I am part of a very young married couple. I'm 18 and he's 20. I think it was the biggest mistake of my life...
I feel like it is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. The only thing dumber would be a kid at that age. It is like setting your life in stone for the rest of your life. Think about it, they are hitched before they are even legally drinking!!!! omfg... I know a few people like this at work and I am shocked. I am more shocked that they think its cool.'





I personally will consider if I will ever get married at around 38...


And I also dont plan to have kids, too much of a free spirit, and would hate my life being controlled for 18 yrs
i see future very young divorced couples

No comments:

Post a Comment