Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do dual military couples get their belongings stored by the military during deployments?

My husband and I are both in the Army. We are preparing to go on our first deployment since getting married. I know when we deployed before we were married, movers were sent to our barracks to pack our things and store them until we returned. Does the Army still provide that service if you are dual military? From what I've heard Soldiers married to civilians don't get their stuff stored because their spouse is expected to keep it- but that obviously doesn't apply if both people are deploying.Do dual military couples get their belongings stored by the military during deployments?
When my wife and I were active duty (about 100 years ago) we had a higher weight allowance when doing a PCS move so I would think you should both get storage or storage together. check with your mobility/deployment office or housing office which ever takes care of it.





Good Luck and thanks to both of you for serving.Do dual military couples get their belongings stored by the military during deployments?
They will arrange for both your belongings to be put into storage. If you want more information, just call the Personal Property Transportation Office at the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment