Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anyone else hate when couples are overly affectionate with one another around you?

What do you do in that kind of situation? I always feel so awkward...





I swear to God it seems like they get off on doing it only when other people are around too because I'll go in the other room and I won't hear anything.Does anyone else hate when couples are overly affectionate with one another around you?
No, I grew up around parents who weren't shy about showing each other affection around their children. They would kiss and hug and we would tell them to go up stairs or we would leave the room, but on some level it made us feel secure about their marraige and the fact that our family would stay strong becuase our parents still loved each other. My parents weren't the only one to do this in our family so we were used to it.Does anyone else hate when couples are overly affectionate with one another around you?
The question posted here is ';overly affectionate';





In our country, public display of over-affectionate couples towards one another is very limited. This is because our society as a whole, frown to kissing couples, hugging sexually, etc. This is disdainful to the eyes of the public. It is considered vulgar and scandalous. Exception is for married couples. It is accepted. Even then, married couples here don't over-do it.





However, due to the changing times, some teenagers are not shy anymore in showing their over-affection publicly. They can get away with it sometimes, but most of our women, and older ones, go directly to the couples and remind them that what they're doing isn't nice, especially if it is done in a park or inside or outside the church where there are children.





Some people just look at them, but with scorn in their eyes, silently saying that there are places where they can do it, so why be public about it?





As for me, what I do in that kind of situation is, stare at them, never take my eyes from them, until they feel self-conscious and either stop or leave the place.





They should feel awkward, not me.
Or you could not hear it because you're in another room....





As long as they're not goign past 2nd base, and I'm not trying to carry on a conversation or interact with them while they're goign at it, I don't really mind.





Plus I'm affectionate with my wife, so I can't really complain about others.
Nope, sounds like you are jealous.


The only reason you feel awkward is because you are looking at them, giving them attention, knowing that you want it.
Not really..I am usually happy for them unless I just broke up with someone or something.
Maybe!! they do it because they know it bothers you...
yea it sucks seeing a couple happy when your not.


oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment