Saturday, August 21, 2010

What kind of couples would you like to read about? Straight, gay or lesbian?

I ask because I find an excessive amount of yaoi (gay) and yuri (lesbian) fanfictions, like if homosexual relationships were what a considerable amount of people is interested in reading about.


So, which would you personally like to see the most?What kind of couples would you like to read about? Straight, gay or lesbian?
I'm an old fashioned boy-meets-girl kinda gal. You can't top Lizzie and Dacry :)What kind of couples would you like to read about? Straight, gay or lesbian?
Personally, I don't read books just to partake of the romantic character relationships- I don't mind if they are included in the plot but don't like it when they *are* the plot. Hence, I don't read fanfic.





That being the case, I personally don't mind any of the above... so long as there aren't too many gory details (straight or otherwise) and it's not there just for its own sake.





I think the reason you see so much yaoi and yuri is that fundamentally, fanfiction tends to be what the author wants to write, not necessarily what they think people want to read (even if they *do* want approval for it). I've heard it suggested that as many fanfic writers are teenagers, particularly girls, that it's common for them to use fanfic as a safe way to explore and experiment with their own sexualities.
right, to some one who says because your straight you have to read books or fan-fiction that are het or because your gay you have to read yaoi that's a load of b***. i'm straight and i read mostly yaoi because the way their written seems to be a lot more realistic, funnier etc. when i first started reading fan-fiction i read nearly all het and no yaoi, but now i read mostly yaoi and hardly no het. yes, i'll read it if its the main focus point of a story and the pairings okay and sometimes i'll read a bit of yuri again if its not the main pairing . but their are some pairings i don't read. even if they're the actual pairings in the books.





sorry about the rant but i hope this helps
I don't like the idea that 'you are what you read.' I don't pretend to be any of the characters in novels that feature romances- I'm trying to understand people who aren't me.





I read mainly about straight couples but have read really good stories about gay couples (I'm straight). Personally I don't read about lesbian romances because I find them too emotionally suffocating but if there was a well-written non-sexual one, I might read it.
I actually don't have a preference. If a book is well-written and the relationship shown is realistic, it doesn't bother me if it's a heterosexual relationship or a gay relationship.





That said, perhaps you should write about what you know. If you're most comfortable writing about relationships based on your own sexuality, then by all means, go ahead with that.
I don't really read fanfiction, but in regular fiction I don't really care as long as it's a well-written book. I normally read books with straight couples mainly because that's what's out there the most, but I wouldn't be dead set against reading about homosexual couples, as long as any sex scenes it may have aren't graphic. By the way, I'm straight.
I really hate romances and relationship stuff, but the only two books involving relationships that I've read and enjoyed were ';Running With Scissors'; and ';The Perks of Being a Wallflower';, both of which involved gay high school boys.





So I guess statistically I prefer reading about gay couples, but 2 books out of all the ones I've ever read isn't a big percentage. I'm just not into couples at all.
I would like to read about a Straight couple because I always think sex gets in the way of a good story, they could be 2 peoplem who have are not interested in sex and go on a Caper to foil Mr X and recover Pearls or take secret papers to Buddley Salterton
I will read about any romance or couple as long as it's tasteful and well written...if i'm reading a book and outta no where this guy starts taking off this other guy's clothes and it gets really far...then hell no i don't wanna read it. But i'm like that with straight couples too...i don't wanna read about them getting it on...i just want to hear the romantical parts.
I don't have much experience reading about anything but straight couples. but i wouldn't mind reading about any as long as the romance and passion was there. I love romance novels and think a good love story can Transcend any sexual preference.
I think I'd like to read about straight and gay couples. I like novels which include these kind of couples =) it just makes it more interesting and gives the romance some variety
I would like to read a novel wich involves the couples you mention. It has to be very dramatical. The writer who do that is a genius. By.
I like reading about either straight or lesbian relationships.
As long as the story is interesting and well-written, it doesn't really matter to me what the characters' preferences are.
I like yaoi, personally. A lot.
Straight because I'm straight.


But if you asked my Best friend he'd say gay since he's gay





No offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment