Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is this true about more western couples wanting to have sons over daughters?

Is it true that most every couple in the USA hopes to have boys instead of girls.. The Reason: Boys are cheaper to raise and are way less work.. Girls born nowadays are headcases and most require shrinks and start meds at a young age, and on into adulthood?Is this true about more western couples wanting to have sons over daughters?
Boys are cheaper?? HAHAHAHAHA





Most people want to carry on the namesake. As for girls being headcases, why don't you ask the parents what happened? I'm sure they'd have a great explanation for ya.Is this true about more western couples wanting to have sons over daughters?
you sexist mother ******.. your just jealous cause girls are easier to raise and there better looking then boys.

Report Abuse



The last statement made about girls is absolutely untrue. Boys are actually more likely to be diagnosed at a young age with ADD or ADHD. However, more women are diagnosed with something or tend to see a professional. This has nothing to do with them being headcases. It's because adult males are less likely to admit there may be a problem and seek professional help. So.....your question was a good one, but it was backed by ridiculous falsity.
My fiance and I actually are hoping to have more girls than boys. He was the only boy of four kids, so he's used to girls behavior throughout their entire childhood...and thanks to his parents fabulous job at raising kids...he's confident and actually believes that GIRLS are easier to raise.





If you want to talk specific costs, emotional, and health issues, I think it can actually be proven that girls and boys are fairly equal. Girls may seem more emotional, but that's mainly because the Western way is for boys to hide their emotions or simply handle them in different ways.





Girls may cost more when you think about necessities for cases like menstrual cycles; but most boys nowadays cost just as much as girls when you think about the ';necessity'; for fashion. Actually, when you think about it, I'd say that teen boy's ';necessity'; for ';cool/awesome/fast cars'; would actually make them more costly!





As for health, throughout their entire lives, I would assume that boys would cost just as much as girls...only most boys/men don't bother with things like doctors and medication unless their mothers or wives insist on it (atleast that's what I've seen in my life :o). And remember, men tend to live shorter lives than women, and I'm sure part of that is not taking care of themselves as well as women.





If there's any reason that I can think of for a couple to prefer having a boy over a girl, my guess would be that it's more for preserving a family name. My Dad was the only boy of 4 kids, and I'm his only child; he's the end of the line for our last name unless I 'break the rules' and force my fiance to let me give one of our boys my maiden last name!





I'm not a parent yet, I've only baby-sat my whole life...but I think boys have just as many difficulties as girls do...just different ones.
While a lot of people do want boys its not true that we all do. I myself wanted a girl very badly, and I got one. All girls arent headaches, or require shrinks and meds.. i dont know where you are getting that info from. Im not sure about the boys being cheaper to raise because i dont have one but im guessing that they are right up there with the girls as well. Although when they are teens i have to give it to you that i girl probably would be more expensive with all the clothes and make up and stuff.
Boys are cheaper to raise? Ever paid car insurance for a sixteen-year-old boy?





It costs just as much to clothe, feed, and educate a boy as it does a girl. Maybe more so, because boys tend to be larger and require more food.





As for being less work...how's that? Doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl, they both have to be taught morals and how to behave in society.





You're trying to get a reaction with that last statement, which makes me think you just want to stir stuff up.





But I'll finish my answer anyway. As for couples in the US wanting to have sons over daughters...I think it depends on the region. Here in the rural South, where people are more conservative and traditional, yeah, they do. Carrying on the family name is important and even though this isn't an agrarian culture anymore, there's still that idea in the back of people's minds that you need boys to work the farm.





Personally, we never wanted a boy over a girl. You're lucky if you get a healthy child at all. Why quibble over its sex?
I disagree about boys being less work than girls. Boys are more likely to engage in reckless and dangerous activities, which costs more in medical bills. I have two daughters and neither would ever dream of imitating shows like ';Jackass'; where someone jumps off of a roof or performs flips on a bicycle.
Yeah right, boys are cheaper. That is funny. My son right now wants all the expensive games for his X-Box. My daughter is happy with the playstation that was her brother's and the games that came with it. I wanted a boy and a girl, and I have both. My husband is happy with both as well. Growing up, my brother was the one into all the expensive clothes and shoes. I didn't care about all of that.
you should meet my mom she had 4 sons and no girls only boys are born in are family for some weird reason but my oldest brother first child was a girl the first girl born into the family in 40 years but me and my two other brothers have boys but i don't think gender has anything to do with raising a kid all kids can be expansive and hard to raise but it is worth it.
It doesnt look like it from this study:





http://www.in-gender.com/XYU/Gender-Pref鈥?/a>





It seems to me that most people I know want girls. Dads sometimes want boys, but most people here seem to want girls. Not sure why.
All children can be difficult. It all depends on how they're raised and how well they are taught to deal with outside influence.





I wanted girls, but I really care less whether they were boys or girls, as long as they were healthy.
I live in the United States and there is no preference to having a boy or a girl. People dont care if they have a boy or a girl as long as their children are healthy.
Most women don't give a damn but men generally want a namesake carried on for tradition, which is stupid really as all children carry the same genetics anyway.
no that is not true at all. I have two boys that I love but I would like to have a girl too. Girls are great.
I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything. All kids are hard work and expensive.Although I am fortunate as a single father I might avoid some issues that might arrise if her mother was around.
No, my mother wanted a girl and made that very clear to me whilst I was growing up. Then again I'm in the UK..
No, you are mistaking India and China for the Good Ole U S of A.
My mother wanted a girl. I don't think she was happy I was a boy until I became useful to her as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment