Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What should I buy for the couples I babysit for?

I take care of six kids from two different families, and I have already purchased gifts for the children. I know the couples have bought me things and I would like to buy them something. I was thinking of maybe buying them each like a $20 gift card to somewhere to eat and watching their kids for free while they go out, just the two of them.





What do you think of this idea?


Do you have any better ideas?What should I buy for the couples I babysit for?
Gift cards are insincere.





Are they coffee or tea drinkers? How about you make a nice gift basket of groumet coffee or teas. Loose tea is a great gift.





A picture frame with a picture of the children??





A gift basket with a mix of chocolates, drinks, etc.





A gift basket with a bunch of different things are always nice. Be sure to make it yourself as pre-packaged gifts sets are cheesy.What should I buy for the couples I babysit for?
A gift card to a Chili's or a nice restaurant close by their home.
i think buying them a gift card to AMC or a theater so they can choose a movie to watch . I also think a gift card to use anywhere they want....because you might get them a target gift card and maybe they only shop at ross/office depot.
I think you have the right idea. Maybe you could make up some ';gift certificates'; of your own good for a certain amount of free sitting. Like 2 or 3 for a couple hours each or whatever. Then give them to the parents to be redeemed whenever they might need (with your normal rules for advanced noticed in place of course). I think they will appreciate that and it won't cost you anything except a bit of your time.
I personaly think buying for the kids is enough. But yes a meal vouchure is a good idea. Either that or a recipe book of something - of maybe a book of funny tales to do with children and parenthood.
How about some fresh baked bread or cookies? Babysitting is your job personally I wouldn't give it for free.


I would either bake them something or work with their kids to make them special. Maybe take some nice photos of the kids and make a photo book or collage for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment