Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does seeing other interracial couples influence you to date interacially?

I've noticed that ever since I've started dating my white(italian-american) boyfriend, (I'm black) that many of my friends have been accessible to dating interacially. I'm just want to know if any of you out there have been influenced by other interracial couples?Does seeing other interracial couples influence you to date interacially?
Well, I am the product of an interracial marriage. My dad was white and mom Mexican. Then I married an Indonesian woman.





I have many cousins that are mixed as well and my family loves my wife. Whether or not that counts as having been influenced, it's hard to tell. However, my family's acceptance of my wife hasn't made things difficult.Does seeing other interracial couples influence you to date interacially?
Seeing others does not influence me at all. I am married now, but when I was single, I chose who to date based on many factors. If someone great came along and they happened to be black, or hispanic, or asian, or Alaskan Eskimo--whatever, it didn't matter. Great people, great partners, come from all races and ethnicities, and anyone who rules out an entire category of people is foolish. Likewise, anyone who dates interracially because others are doing it are equally foolish if they purposely sought out a different race. In such a case, they ruled out other races in the process.





That being said, you may be seeing the effects of breaking a barrier if you're living in an area where interracial dating is less common. For appearance purposes, others may have steered clear of interracial dating but you have broken that barrier, making it okay for them to consider these other races. So long as they continue to choose people for the right reasons, it's okay that they opened themselves up to the possibility of people different from themselves.
Yes Ma'am!


I'm white/mexican...


%26amp;%26amp;when i started dating my black bf, we were a very cute couple, in fact he was my first love. %26lt;3


all my friends started to be interested in black boys. lol





If people see something they like, [like a cute couple foe EX]


They're gonna want that same thing, a good, stable relationship...right?





That being said, they see a black girl, and a white boy together, the black girl seems very satisfied, her black friends notice that she is happy, they think a white boy is just what they need to be satisfied, and happy...





you're just setting an example for others, and maybe a trend if you will. it's all good lovin, love is color blind! %26lt;3 :D
I think it makes it seem more like a normal thing for people who didn't see it as normal before. Especially when it is all kinds of ethnicities that you see participating. One of my asian friends from college married a hispanic girl for example.





Response for ';Man'; who was talking about Thailand.





You have aids dude. Get tested. It kills in about 2 years if you don't take the repressive drugs.
nah, but i do feel more like...validated or something...when i hear about other couples like us (desi/white) just cause it's like, well i know it has worked out before between people of our cultures =) some people don't approve but there's plenty of interracial couples where i live and i don't really think about it.
for me it turns my stomach,I feel races should stay within there own cultures.inner-mixing in my opinion should never have been excepted.and yes I feel the same about gay,homosexuals.but all this has to come to fact so many will see the out-come of our destruction.
No not really. But I think race doesn't matter when it comes to dating. Sure, parents would want you to date within your own race but what's the fun in that?
I haven't been influenced by others to date interacially but have been critized for doing so. There's good and bad in every race.
Don't mind meagan, she's still trying to find someone willing to be seen in public with her.





It doesn't influence me because I've always been open to that sort of thing.
Try this dating site------


http://www.blackwhitedate.com/


Really nice! My username is ';Looking4love';.


Wait u there.
No offence, but i'm not ';down'; for interracial dating...
I would just date who I want to date, not let others influence me.
im not into black chicks.
well only once. My friend has a white girlfriend and the friend of her was black so I ended up with the black girl
im sorry but i really dont think its a good idea... but again it depends on


personal choices... best of luck with urs=)
NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment